Sounds & destroying wreck's

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
bimbel
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

First Great Game! I'am playing this for a long time now and love it ;)!

1. I would like to see the ability to specify the ingame sound Volume (the weapon-fire) and being able to turn it off.
When I'm playing Transc I have music in the background and then the ingame sounds are mixing up the music I want to hear ;)!

2. Then I would love to have a easier way to destroy wrecks. There could be the option 'blow up' when you're docked to a wreck it would cost you a bit of fuel and then 5sec after you undocked the wreck will explode!

Sunny greetings from Germany!

p.s. Does anybody know when the next version will come out? It seems to me that it's overdue!
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Thanks for writing. The next version will have a crude way to control the sound effects volume.

As for wrecks--I'm not sure yet. I need to think about it a bit more, so don't expect anything in the next version.

Thanks again.
BlackPheonix
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

man....george either you have alot of stuff happin in that thing called a "life" that you never tell us about, or there is gonna be a REALLYBIGCRAPLOAD of stuff in the next version.......
"The world of reality has it's limits, the world of imagination is boundless..."
bimbel
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yay thanks :)

But you didn't answer when the next version will come out :P
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

He never says when the next version will come out. He likes to keep everyone in suspense.
It's been ages since 0.96a came out...4 months ago I think. George, how long are you planning on taking?
bimbel
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yugimotomanager wrote:He never says when the next version will come out. He likes to keep everyone in suspense.
It's been ages since 0.96a came out...4 months ago I think. George, how long are you planning on taking?
I know that but I hoped to get an soon or a few weeks ;)

And it are 5 months in a couple days (On 11th)

beside... do we have an IRC channel on quakenet or omewhere else?
BlackPheonix
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

i donut believe so....lol i said donut....
"The world of reality has it's limits, the world of imagination is boundless..."
Clear Air Turbulence
Closed Account
Closed Account

Since wrecks are destroyed sometimes in the process of blowing up a ship, I'd think it should be possible to intentionally destroy a wreck fairly easily, although you might require some kind of special item (or the use of fuel as mentioned above). I end up wasting a lot of time later in the game checking wrecks to see if they have been looted yet or not, especially since there are wrecks created that I had nothing to do with.

One option that might require a lot of coding but would be fun would be to mark wrecks with a salvage beacon. This would put a flashing light or some other visible indicator on a wreck, and it would attract a ship that comes and collects the wreck and maybe pays the player a small bit of money for the scrap contained in it. It's logical, and if the wreck is in an area where the salvage ship can't come collect it, it would at least be marked in a way that would let the player know they don't need to check it out for loot.