Bug: Dwarg Colony not identified on map

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
Cardinal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Playing in version 0.98d, there is a lone dwarg colony in the middle of no-where. Kicked its ass. I returned to the map and there was a little red square telling me where it is, but no text indicating what it is(was).

There were other Dwarg colonies in the same system which did show up and were named on the map
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I've seen these before. I just assumed it was like Anarchist Gatherings, only with the stations spread out. I'd think the unnamed one belonged to one of the named colonies.
X-ray laser! Pew, pew pew!
> = = = = ۞
Cardinal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

That seems to be likely, but the distance this poor sucker was away from the other colonies was quite considerable.
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.
darksider
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I didn't think this is a bug or anything at first, but looking into the Dwarg raiders code, I doubt this is an intended behaviour now.

I did a screencapture and uploaded on the unofficial forum here.
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Transcendenc ... topic=2400
Cardinal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I hadn't encountered Dwarg colonies this distance apart until 0.98d.

I looked at your screenshot darksider; that was similar to my encounter. I should have scouted around a bit more thoroughly - maybe I could have brutalised another colony :twisted:
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Cardinal wrote:I hadn't encountered Dwarg colonies this distance apart until 0.98d.

I looked at your screenshot darksider; that was similar to my encounter. I should have scouted around a bit more thoroughly - maybe I could have brutalised another colony :twisted:

I also had the same hting happen to me. :)