FYI: setItem changes

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

In 1.08e I've made a change to the return value of setItem. Instead of returning the value that was just set, it now returns the entire structure or array. This makes it compatible with lnkAppend and others.

For example, now you can do something like this:

Code: Select all

(block (myStruct)
   (setq myStruct (setItem nil 'a 'b))
   )
I've also made a bunch of other improvements to setItem:

1. Just to shorten the syntax, set@ is an alias for setItem and @ is an alias for item.
2. (set@ struct1 struct2) returns the merge of the two structures.
3. set@ now works if the target variable is nil. For example:

Code: Select all

(setq test nil)
(set@ test 'a 'b) -> { a:b }
test -> { a:b }
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Thanks George. Those changes look good. I think i kight like the new @ syntax :)
Get your own Galactic Omni Device
Get it now. It's free!!
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

The truth is that I've been doing a lot of JavaScript programming lately (for Anacreon) and I really like their use of structs (objects). The TLisp syntax will never be that clean, but we can definitely do similar things. Now all we need is a way to access "this" and we could do object methods.
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

george moromisato wrote:The truth is that I've been doing a lot of JavaScript programming lately (for Anacreon) and I really like their use of structs (objects). The TLisp syntax will never be that clean, but we can definitely do similar things. Now all we need is a way to access "this" and we could do object methods.
Yeah, javascript is becoming a really nice language. You shouldn't by any chance be running it on the serverside with nodejs btw?
Get it now. It's free!!
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

alterecco wrote:
george moromisato wrote:The truth is that I've been doing a lot of JavaScript programming lately (for Anacreon) and I really like their use of structs (objects). The TLisp syntax will never be that clean, but we can definitely do similar things. Now all we need is a way to access "this" and we could do object methods.
Yeah, javascript is becoming a really nice language. You shouldn't by any chance be running it on the serverside with nodejs btw?
No, sorry. For the Multiverse I'm running an improved version of TLisp (called HexeLisp), believe it or not. For Anacreon the server is almost all C++ with a thin layer of HexeLisp.
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Hehe, ok :) You do enjoy writing your own languages it seems :) Cudos for that.
Get it now. It's free!!