autons

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
andrewpen
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

How do u get and auton to behave like a wingman?

:?:
when life throws you a curve ball catch it and throw it back.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

You create or download an existing mod that changes the auton interface and AI to make them behave like wingmen. UGWingmen at Xelerus would work for older versions of Transcendence.

Without mods, autons do not behave like wingmen; they behave as themselves.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
andrewpen
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

What about autons that I have made myself
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If your autons inherit the standard auton base class, they will behave like other autons. If they have custom communications and events code, they can behave differently.
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

andrewpen
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

So what would the code be to get the auton to break and attack like rama and the other wingmen?
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I tried UGWingmen late yesterday, but all the non-mule autons gained was a status command. Looks like I was wrong.

With that in mind, I will release a mod soon that will overwrite the base auton class and replace the limited standard auton interface with something derived from Playership Drones, which in turn is a derivative and expansion of the wingman interface.

andrewpen
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I had a the same problem when I tried the same thing I wonder what we are doing wrong.
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

PM wrote:I tried UGWingmen late yesterday, but all the non-mule autons gained was a status command. Looks like I was wrong.

With that in mind, I will release a mod soon that will overwrite the base auton class and replace the limited standard auton interface with something derived from Playership Drones, which in turn is a derivative and expansion of the wingman interface.
Thank you for this; I've wanted this for half a year. I can't wait.

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

JOIN US ON IRC. IT KICKS ASS. JOIN THE HIVE MIND.
Place cursor on link. Click link. Never look back.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The auton overwrite has been delayed because of feature creep. Some features:
* Auton item icons.
* More commands, such as mules selling stuff (because Shenlong will be deleted).

Hope to finish this, along with a pile of updates for other mods, today. If not, sometime this weekend.

Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: . . . between the stars and the warm black sky . . .

Sounds cool, but what is it with you an' deleting mods that have been perhaps superceded but are still functional? People like to do things different ways. Plus you'vue (accidentally) buried a couple things that no one else has ever replicated, like the 'recharge quainlong from reatctor' mod ... >_>
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The wingman-like interface for autons has been uploaded to Xelerus as Auton Overwrite.

To Star Weaver: Removing obsolete mods cuts down on work and maintenance when I need to update mods. Recharging the Qianlong from reactor is still available in Reload Pack 912.

WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

To StarWeaver: alterecco, Atarlost & I had a discussion about cleaning up Xelerus ~2 months ago. They argued that it would be preferable to include mods into mod packs, then delete the older versions. Older versions of existing mods were to be deleted as well, as long as the best 1.01-compatible version were also preserved.

This is also when the ~marked for deletion and ~needs screenshot categories were added.

What PM did was exactly in line with the new policy for Xelerus that they outlined. I can't fault PM for trying to keep X.de easy to use.

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hm. I apologize for going off-topic.

The new Auton commands are something I have been wanting for ages. The new menu images are just icing on the cake. Can't wait to play around with them.