TransData utility

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

I've added a utility to the downloads section that should help you all to generate tables and statistics on the game.

http://www.neurohack.com/transcendence/ ... sData.html

In particular, this utility can be used to generate the station frequency tables that I've often posted in the past. (And which gannon recently asked about.)

I should note that this is a command-line utility and designed for programmers (me, in this case). It is likely to be pretty unintuitive and may take a while to learn how to use it.
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

wow this looks great thanks. It will be a great help. I will most likely have more commments once I experiment more.
Crying is not a proper retort!
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

ok now for some TransData wants

the ablitiy to see what items are generated in the system tests

the ability to filter the systemtest ie I only want to see the (arms dealer) or enemy

the ability to generate all the posible links (stargates mostly to verify your network is working the way you thought it would)

the ability to see what gate ins you can get in each system for systemtest (including random and renforcements)

question in the systemtest what does the numbers after the system name represent? (I am running a 2000 count right now :D)
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Betelgeuse wrote:ok now for some TransData wants
You know, sometimes I just wish that I could go more than 20 minutes without a feature request! I should be flattered that people are so interested in the game that they want more and more and more (and I am).

But sometimes... I just wish people would appreciate how hard this stuff is.

OK--I'm glad I got that out of my system.
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

sorry :P
To tell the truth I never expect you to put in anything I say (the amount of feedback you give on these boards blew me away, usually game dev don't say anything to the players other than official announcements) . If you do I am glad but you should make the game how you want it.

also the system test doesn't like my twisted eye mod it only counts the first system.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Betelgeuse wrote:sorry :P
To tell the truth I never expect you to put in anything I say (the amount of feedback you give on these boards blew me away, usually game dev don't say anything to the players other than official announcements) . If you do I am glad but you should make the game how you want it.
I know... I am glad that you (and others) like the game so much that you want it to be better. And clearly the game has benefited enormously from all the ideas that players have had. I was just venting :)

Keep on making your requests and suggestions!
also the system test doesn't like my twisted eye mod it only counts the first system.
Good point. The system test assumes only a single stargate per system. I'll change that, but probably not for a while.

p.s.: I'm not sure how long your 2000 iteration test is going to take, but it might be several hours. Note that you will not necessarily get any better data with 2000 iterations--I usually do 100 iterations. After that the averages probably won't change significantly. If your test does finish, though, I would be interested in seeing the results. I hope you piped to a file!
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

ok did the 2000 count and here are some of the records for max amount of something in one system

(Gaian processor) 11
(fuel depot) 8
(armor dealer) 6
(arms dealer) 5
(agricultural station) 6
(tinker gathering) 5
Ice Farm 4
Ringer Shipyard 11
Ringers Collective 7
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Fascinating. The only surprise there (for me) is the agricultural stations. Those are supposed to be extremely rare. Can you include the rest of the distribution for that system? I.e., how often did that system have 6 stations? How often did it have 5?

I'm just curious.
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

eep sorry that was a (auton dealer) not (agricultural station) not sure why I put down (agricultural station) it never gets more than one per system on the 2000 test

anouther interesting one
(commonwealth settlement) 11
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

OK, that makes much more sense.

The counts for Gain processors, ringers, and commonwealth settlement are abnormally high because they are the only high-level friendly encounters. Their numbers will go down when I create more high-level encounters (next version).
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

some questions
- (asteroid) 2 (0%); 7 (0%); 10 (0%); 66 average

why does it have just some (I can understand if there where too many but why those)

Level V: Kanto (1) 493

what does the (1) and 493 mean?

AVERAGE STATION ENCOUNTERS BY LEVEL

Level FOF Encounter Count Freq

what do count and Freq mean in this context?