Xolarix' Ship Graphics

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

...your graphics are god. .____. We aren't worthy! We aren't worthy!
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

How about the other mouth-watering images? ;D more ships forthcoming?

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

JOIN US ON IRC. IT KICKS ASS. JOIN THE HIVE MIND.
Place cursor on link. Click link. Never look back.
Xolarix
Miner
Miner

Will be making these soon into ships you can fly in Transcendence. Probably next weekend or so :)
The first is called the "Extender", the second is the "Gauntlet", the third is the "Doomstar"
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

As picky as I am about ships : I got to say your One creative Mind. I enjoy your work to no end ... ok, there is actually and end but it's usually an explosion followed by " Shane J. Filomena was destroyed by.... "
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Xolarix
Miner
Miner

shanejfilomena wrote:As picky as I am about ships : I got to say your One creative Mind. I enjoy your work to no end ... ok, there is actually and end but it's usually an explosion followed by " Shane J. Filomena was destroyed by.... "
But, a creative mind? Maybe I am, maybe not. I don't really think of the models myself: I take the base shapes from an other game...
I just modify them after my own taste and style.
christian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

"Christian dies by heart attack on forum seeing "Xolarix' Ship Graphics". he visited several pages, and read a lot of text."
Xolarix
Miner
Miner

Gauntlet is finished!

Here you go:
http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1081

For reference, it is this ship:
Autohummer
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Greetings. I am amazed by the excellent texturing of your models and of course, the quality of the models themselves. I too make models in my spare time (but it may not be as good as yours since I am a student of literature, not multimedia design.) May I know how do you put textures on your models? I have tried various methods but they leave much to be desired in terms of quality or efficiency. Thank you.
Has resurfaced!
Xolarix
Miner
Miner

Autohummer wrote:Greetings. I am amazed by the excellent texturing of your models and of course, the quality of the models themselves. I too make models in my spare time (but it may not be as good as yours since I am a student of literature, not multimedia design.) May I know how do you put textures on your models? I have tried various methods but they leave much to be desired in terms of quality or efficiency. Thank you.
Thanks! ^_^

I am using a modelling/lighting/rendering program called DOGA L3, which is a very simple program to learn and use. There should be a download somewhere on the internet, but I can't find it anymore. I could upload a copy of my DOGA when I got time. I enhanced it with several more parts than you can't get with the default DOGA download too. :)

To use the texture function of DOGA, you must first create the model, then make a "palette". In this palette you get 81 default textures (which are nice, but I never actually use them except in rare cases), and then you have about 20 open spots for your own textures that you can load into DOGA to use. I use the textures I made myself, or found somewhere on the internet. Then I just use them in the palette.
One palette has several options... I mostly only use the two texture options of a palette, plus a bumpmap for some depth of the textures.
Each part of a model can have just 1 palette applied to them at all times, so that's the limit of DOGA, but it's usually more than enough :)
Last edited by Xolarix on Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
mistere
Miner
Miner

Autohummer wrote:There should be a download somewhere on the internet, but I can't find it anymore.
I think this is it:
http://www.doga.co.jp/english/download/dogal3-1.html

Here it says it's $40, but it looks like you just have to register with a name/email, unless it's shareware or something.
http://www.doga.co.jp/english/
Psycholis
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Xolarix wrote:After a very long time gone (again, sorry guys :s ) I was reading through the neurohack blog by george... and I noticed this particular piece:
http://www.neurohack.com/kronosaur/TheF ... dence.html

And I saw this picture:

In the bottom-right corner... that's the T-bird I made with it's shield graphic :P
Amazing! xD

Anyway, I'm still too busy to make those last few ships into playerships for Transcendence, but hey, you got my attention back, I'm sure I'll get to it soon enough ;)
Lol, come back after a year plus hiatus and see 2 of my ships. Maybe I'll be inspired to do more again.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

You should. I love your graphics as well! :D
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Xolarix
Miner
Miner

Aaaand back from the death xD

Cimanyd
Miner
Miner

As an EI500 pilot in Transendence, and a pilot in the Federation in Pardus...

...I want a Babel Transporter in Transcendence :D
EI500 is best
IRC user (sometimes)
Wiki editor

Not really around anymore, but hoping for Part II
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

:D
Tell us your secrets!
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.