a looting mod & several questions

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Schnobs wrote:In other words, if you want to run more than one function, you need to wrap a (block [...]) around them. Merely adding more brackets won't do. I think it was Azziweaver who pointed that out to me on IRC .
Ahh, I wondered why so many mods had needlessly used block Nil... Well, I THOUGHT needlessly. I'm still not up to snuff with this code. Nothing like GML. Might take me a while to get used to the ins and outs of this.
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Patupi wrote:Ahh, I wondered why so many mods had needlessly used block Nil... Well, I THOUGHT needlessly. I'm still not up to snuff with this code. Nothing like GML. Might take me a while to get used to the ins and outs of this.
The block is used to declare scoped variables. That is, variables local to the code inside the block. If you don't have any variables to declare, you can use an empty set of parentheses or just nil (since an empty list evaluates to nil). I hope that helps to clarify a bit...
Get your own Galactic Omni Device
Get it now. It's free!!
Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

OK, I understand (did say something rather stupid here, edited it out. *sigh* Too late in the day and didn't read well enough at first pass)

Thanks