nonCritical attribute

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Apemant
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

What exactly is a nonCritical attribute? I mean, I think I've read someplace that it means a ship won't be destroyed if that section of armor is reduced to zero; but what are those variants, i.e. nonCritical="cargo", "general", "tactical" and whatnot?

Also, if you keep blasting just 1 section of the armor, which isn't 'nonCritical' - will the ship get destroyed as soon as that secion fails? Then how exactly is the 'damage %' calculated? If I ship has 12 sections of armor, each section has 100 hp - and you reduce just one section to 50 hp; what will the damage = % show on target display?
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

i believe the hud shows the % damaged of the most damaged armor segment.
Apemant
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Bobby wrote:i believe the hud shows the % damaged of the most damaged armor segment.
Yes, that sounds likely - but what is the difference between nonCritical="cargo", nonCritical="tactical", nonCritical="general" etc?
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

noncritical=""

general
drive
dev0
scanners
cargo
tactical

these are all i found.

i heard once that they list what gets damaged when that segment fails, but was unable to confirm anything. dev0 seems new, primary weapon?
Apemant
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Bobby wrote:noncritical=""

general
drive
dev0
scanners
cargo
tactical

these are all i found.

i heard once that they list what gets damaged when that segment fails
Hmm makes sense... so if a nonCritical="drive" segment fails, the ships is not destroyed but just its drives. So it can't move anymore, I guess?
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I have had the noncritical="devices" effect happen to me. A piece of armor went to 0 and sure enough, my devices got damaged.
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
speedofsquid
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

So, it could be possible to "target weapons and propulsion systems" for non-lethal combat.