Oh hell yes.

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Just leaving Eridani, I'm rocking a particle beam weapon and 3 segments of heavy meteorsteel.

More on this play-thru later. What has been some of your best games thus far?
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

Dual particle in system... 3? was it? :lol:
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Sadly in 1.0, you can no longer get Gusoku armor in Eridani sometimes....in 0.99c, it was REALLY good if you popped centauri nanos on it....
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
CaramelKing
Anarchist
Anarchist

Currently running a good one.

Unmodded.

I'm in a Sapphire, 2 systems out from Eridani. First system out, I found, found, not bought, both a working PK-25 Morning Star Cannon and a Kinetic Accelerator (I don't think that's the right name, but the kinetic equivalent of a Laser Collimator). Second system out, four tinkers, and lucked into enough duranium ore, all found in storage cannisters, to make 7 pieces of Duralloy armor. In addition, from selling the unused Duralloy armor, I had enough credits to get a Tinker to make me rad-immune when I found radioactive waste.

I'm currently holding a particle weapon in my hold, deciding if I should sell it or wait until I upgrade my power supply and install it as a back-up weapon (the enchanced PK is a great base cracker, but I use a heavy cannon mostly because the PK is also currently a major power drain). This is still the best I've done so far.

Thanks to all the people who have posted tips, otherwise I would have simply sold the duranium.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I got myself a Shuriken in Rigel in this game, after using a particle beam weapon after ~system 2 or 3.

Also heavy ceralloy armor. :D

Later on, had a tinker a little after St.Ks, where Sapiens are really common, which gave me plenty of XM900s.

Currently I've just reached Jiangs Star, and I've got Dvalin armor....Fuisionfire+110%, TEV9, Omni-turbolaser (which is a great weapon against luminous drones, if a little slow)....

Unfortunately, It took a LOT of grinding in Jiangs before I could get off the enhanced 150NX....which was an issue. The shields are a problem as well...
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

How are you able to get Dvalin armour? I never quite figured out how.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

In my case, because I was running on awful armor, I grabbed stuff from loot and gave it to Dvalin at his manufacturing plant. He'll accept anything that you can't buy, except for a few iocrym things....

It's tricky to get him to give you an Ion9 or Dvalin armor....but it's possible. Just. The enhanced Akan 600 or massively enhanced advanced ceralloy plate can be worth giving him urak, dwarg and heavy sung stuff.

Stuff that can be worth trying:

Depleted uranium Armor
Heavy Urak armor
All urak weapons
Heavy Sung armor
Dragon armor
QAC (Heheheh. Don't. QAC>Ion9 except for a very small number of things.)
All ares stuff except for light tharsis, lightning cannon, positron cannon

But take my word for it....Dvalin armor isn't that good. it gets eaten through really quickly, and becomes obsolete fast enough to annoy REALLY badly.

The Ion9 cannon, which is REALLY hard to get.....is good, up to a point. After that point it's not so good. But the shots DO go through things, so you can sit under a planet and blast at things. Works a treat on pterevores.

Later in the game.....I got 4 Light Iocrym Armor plates from a Taikon station, and used 3 regen barrels on them.....then I tried invoking ingenuity, and to my vast surprise, got the 4th plate a +50%

In the end, I got to nuke the Iocrym command ship with a fracture cannon. :twisted:
bluesaberist
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

1-UP time. I got a dual particle in the second system. I had to go to the third system to get enough credits to buy it. Other than that, the RNG made a lower than average quality first couple systems.
If you drop a bar of soap on the ground, is it dirty?
If a person is legally blind, and can suddenly see, is he breaking the law?
If a friend says he's going outside to get some air, what was he breathing before?
-Brad Stein
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Managed to get the following by Rigel, through massive backtracking after grinding credits:

Yoroi S500 + 20%
Omni Particle
NAMI with plenty of KM500s
Dual-Flenser+30%
4Xheavy ceralloy armor

The S500 was in the second or third system :P
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Shrike wrote:The S500 was in the second or third system :P
Well, that's just plain lucky.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Xephyr wrote:
Shrike wrote:The S500 was in the second or third system :P
Well, that's just plain lucky.
Yeah. Getting a Nova 100 to POWER it all was probably the hardest bit though :P
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Right...so now, I've continued with this stupendously lucky playthrough, and started to worry about the post St.Ks stuff.....and I decide to check out an Adventure Outfitters in the sector after St.Kaths. it has a kytryn blaster in stock.

Looks like I'm gonna be doin' some credit grinding! :D

It's highly unlikely I can get a reactor capable of powering it any time soon, but it's one hell of a weapon to have in reserve.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I wouldn't be so excited. The range is poor and it draws enough power to severely limit your shield choices until you get at least a half gigawatt reactor.

Except against a few high level foes you'll probably do better with a level 8 ion or thermo weapon. With enhancers some level 7s can outperform it. (Katana with bushido enhancer or mark V howitzer with speed loader Also possibly Hanzo with both particle and bushido enhancers)

Since it will be so long before you can get a reactor that will support it I recommend moving on. In the unlikely event you don't see something comparable by the time you can power it you can backtrack. But then I personally consider the Ares positron cannon better because it can take Longzhus and has so much more range and those can be outright farmed. Ferian plasma cannons are also better and easily lootable, but can't be repaired.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

All true, but I'm still a fan of the kytryn. The only other half-decent thing around is an ion flame, and while it *is* possible to get to heretic on one, I'd rather not....
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Shrike wrote:All true, but I'm still a fan of the kytryn. The only other half-decent thing around is an ion flame, and while it *is* possible to get to heretic on one, I'd rather not....
Yeah, but you're only a little bit past St. K's. You don't need to be looking for your endgame equipment for several systems yet.