Accidentally self destructed

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
JimmyJ
Anarchist
Anarchist

I accidentally self destructed with a really good ship, but it's letting me resurrect. Do I still get a lot lower score because of resurrecting even though it was an accidental self destruct?
Hi
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

:shock: Score? You pay attention to score? I must admit (and this is hard, I assure you) that I don't have a clue on that one.
JimmyJ
Anarchist
Anarchist

Well, I died, and this time not by accidentally self destructing. Turns out it still counted it as a resurrection, so yep, the score is lowered :(
Hi
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I have yet to see anyone around here mention score! (until you. :) )
omniaddict
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

There are points!? Where!?

Seriously though, I save, die, and resurrect all the time. I'm aware that some people try to make it through without dying, but I'm not one of those people.
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

It hasn't happened lately, but some of the challenges have been interesting- such as lowest level equipment to beat Iocrym command ship. And the civilian challenge (non-military only).

I know George plans to implement a reporting feature in the future that might involve recording high scores and equipment on your ship for games.
CaramelKing
Anarchist
Anarchist

I freely admit I pay no attention to the score, and abuse my soul repeatedly. Usually by self-destructing whenever I try an unknown item that proves to be detrimental. I've also been known to SD to see if I get anything better from a cargo pod. Yes, I know I'm bad [hangs head]. :oops:
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I'm one who'll restart the game whenever I get killed. As for resurrections, don't care for any of that save for the insurance--and even with that I'll never buy it 'cause I'm a tight-wad. I prefer to spend my money on things that may help keep me alive, not revive me after I died.

I used to pay attention to scores but anymore it's more about just trying to beat the game honestly. There's many ways to rack up your score while there's only a few that will hinder it--resurrection is one of them...wingmen are another as they get credit for the kill if their shot was fatal, you don't.
On the other hand, autons add to your score if they get the kill. A plus for using them.
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

FAD wrote:I'm one who'll restart the game whenever I get killed.
Me too, but I'll often buy all three insurance