In Browser game ( 1.01 ) on the game download site

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

does not save anything: just lets people play : my cousin's kids play minecraft in browser : it saves nothing once they exit the game : which can be annoying if they built some huge thing they liked :) ( they got the paid for version now bt until my cousin decided they liked it enough t buy it they played the free browser version for months)

so I was thinking: after looking at it : could George set transcendence to do that on the main page so people can actually see and try out the game ( we KNOW they will head the calling of Domina almost instantly : it should be a good thing )

but I don't know if the server hosting for the site could handle playing multiple games without saving anything except the session while it is active... ok: I know nothing of the server at all except it is always there when I link to it :)

just a thought...

yes: i LOVE playing 1.01 :) I do :)
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: . . . between the stars and the warm black sky . . .

Porting the engine to flash or unity would be as hard as porting it to android or iOS.

If people can't be arsed to download the game and unzip it and run the executable, they probably aren't going to have the attention span to play the game.

Also, you can't magically make the graphics size a lot smaller than the download zip, so it's going to take almost as long to load as it would to download.

Letting them get very far in the game without save capabilities would be mean. Plus, saving to computer local data would be one of the easier parts of the porting.
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I'd have to agree here that:
#1 it would be unnice to have a nonsaveable game option
#2 unnecessary since Transcendence is a free game, Minecraft is a paid game.
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
NithrilDark
Banned
Banned

I say make a smaller version where you only have the yacht to play with and you are limited to a binary system. :)
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

A binary system? One of those exciting systems where you fly around for minutes on end without anything happening because everything interesting is separated by an ocean of black boringness?

Give em a Nebula system I say :P

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

JOIN US ON IRC. IT KICKS ASS. JOIN THE HIVE MIND.
Place cursor on link. Click link. Never look back.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

This would require rewriting Transcendence in something like Flash or HTML5 just to create a demo. This is not going to happen. It's about as likely as EA voluntarily giving up the Madden license.
Literally is the new Figuratively
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

It can happen if someone wants to work on a port, however HTML5/Flash is going to have some major differences than current transcendence.