What do YOU want in 1.08?

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

durbanator wrote:how about implementing some interface for selecting which mods to add from the extensions folder from within the game itself? i dont know how doable this is, but its a pain when you have say ~15 mods (special mention to rpc's challenge) and there is a duplicate extension error..
i think it might be a simple tweak that would be of great help to modders and the general non modding public that like to have multiple extensions running.. maybe something like a windows "open file..." dialog box with multiple selection?
what do you guys think?
You can add an _ (underscore) or a . (period) to the start of a mod xml or folder and then it wont load
Get your own Galactic Omni Device
Get it now. It's free!!
durbanator
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

:o didnt know that
i manually moved each extension one by one to the folder and tested to see if the game would run..
everything except the sung adventure extension works from rpc's challenge.. im yet to try and survive for more than 30 mins
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

....and once again I wish to insist Raisermesser Smart Cannon rounds be customized by the Tinkers into something (like a smart MAG's I guess) useful. :!:
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
ShaunWilkinson
Anarchist
Anarchist

Some way of controlling fast ships better, I always stick to omni weapons just because it's so hard to hit anything small with usual weapons.

Also I think I read that you were going to implement something very similar in either 1.1 or 2.0 but what about upgradable ships?

for example an EI500 could be upgraded to one of the larger EI class transports, which would allow more cargo space, but possibly lower speed?
same could go for the other ships
I am the One and Only
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

PM's playership drones mod is somewhat like that- you can upgrade and swap ships by buying them from docks.
Otherwise, shipchanging is not implemented for Vanilla just yet.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

yet:)
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

Happy Nu Year Shane and RPC! Happy Nu Year to all of yah!!!!!
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
Mike
Anarchist
Anarchist

weak armors could provide extra functionality:
half as strong, but gives an extra device slot
less resistance to certain damage types, but gives shield a recharge rate bonus or something
(might provide an incentive to make people consider using all the types of armor no one usually uses: like omsk armor made into the rule, and not the exception)

armor/shield resistances could be made dependent on remaining HP, making different material behaviors possible
ceramic behavior: very high resistances to start out with, but which fall quickly to zero as HP falls
metallic behavior: medium resistances to start out with, which trend downward slowly as HP falls but persist until the armor fails
elastic behavior: relatively low resistances which remain constant or even trend up a little as HP falls
also luminous shields could switch from one resistance to another as they get damaged; that could be deadly, if you forget to switch weapons on occasion

And maybe more than one shield could be used at a time? the HP, regeneration rates, resistances, AND power usages (times some # as a penalty) could add. That way, power supply would be the limiting factor.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Empty wrote:I would like to see a list of targets in scanner range, right below the scanner, just to determine the current situation rather then approaching until in firing range of the massive blob of red dots. What Yama posted is really, really good, imo.

Best regards
That could be done manually with the targeting rom, but I think that it's also possible to (hackishly) mod in the names of all the ships in descending order based on distance (and maybe by color if T allows it?). I'll be thinking about it this week.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

RPC wrote: That could be done manually with the targeting rom, but I think that it's also possible to (hackishly) mod in the names of all the ships in descending order based on distance (and maybe by color if T allows it?). I'll be thinking about it this week.
your talking about an advanced LRS activated by the presence of a targeting rom install.

but i saw the advanced lrs ... kind of " much " in my opinion,
but i am sure it can "be made smaller" to fit on most ships.. and less " busy " ( i found it distracting )

christian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

-More than one different weapon shooting at same time...Like "Freelancer"(PC-Game)...

-Battle Arena-Online, so players can challenge other players, starting with 0 Creditis, and winning credits when you defeat someone, and when the player is destroy keep the ship but lose the credit..."We" could use Hamachi to play as Lan
onyhow
Miner
Miner

Some kind of simple station target selection with stations in your view without the need for targetting ROM...this is to ensure that you can dock with desired station...
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

onyhow wrote:Some kind of simple station target selection with stations in your view without the need for targetting ROM...this is to ensure that you can dock with desired station...
could you try to give us a little bit more on this? it is possible to order the ship to dock anyplace you want in a system :

I am thinking that your suggesting the Range of the Docking select anything friendly until the targeting computer is installed

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Just give the targeting program for free like autopilot -- it is just as critical.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

PM wrote:Just give the targeting program for free like autopilot -- it is just as critical.
The difference is that the Autopilot doesn't augment the player's ability to find, kill, or loot anything. The autopilot really just keeps people from complaining that it takes too long to fly across the system. The targeting ROM is an enhancement, the autopilot is not.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?