What do YOU want in 1.08?

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Dedalo
Miner
Miner

shanejfilomena wrote:I can see this as a feature but the playership would require something like the micro factory on board, http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=439 or otherwise have to have a salvager / tinker involved....the player would, in the story line not have the ability or technology by themselves with a standard ship : maybe a new ship that can ID the wrecks for conversion to cargo as ore?

that will require a true code brain of an author so I will just sit and wait for it to be done : I am sure my simple ways can do close to it , but this requires some fantasy line behind it : like Ancient technology from the player's homeworld (or) you find a wreck of a ship you used to play on as a kid...(or) it can be something from the Ventari....
There are several ways to recicle an shipwreck.
1- If you have a large ship, you just recycle the entire shipwreck at once.
2- If you have a smaler ship, you cut down the shipwreck into smaller pieces, drag the pieces to the ship cargo hold and sell them as junk or recycle them.

About the technology, if you have nanotechnology is sure that you are able to do it.
Note: If the process is not done at an station, the recycled material could have impurities and being seen as ore.

So you don't need a big history to explain the origin of this device. 8-)
Physics hurts! Especially when she's in a bad mood.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Dedalo wrote:
shanejfilomena wrote:I can see this as a feature but the playership would require something like the micro factory on board, http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=439 or otherwise have to have a salvager / tinker involved....the player would, in the story line not have the ability or technology by themselves with a standard ship : maybe a new ship that can ID the wrecks for conversion to cargo as ore?

that will require a true code brain of an author so I will just sit and wait for it to be done : I am sure my simple ways can do close to it , but this requires some fantasy line behind it : like Ancient technology from the player's homeworld (or) you find a wreck of a ship you used to play on as a kid...(or) it can be something from the Ventari....
There are several ways to recicle an shipwreck.
1- If you have a large ship, you just recycle the entire shipwreck at once.
2- If you have a smaler ship, you cut down the shipwreck into smaller pieces, drag the pieces to the ship cargo hold and sell them as junk or recycle them.

About the technology, if you have nanotechnology is sure that you are able to do it.
Note: If the process is not done at an station, the recycled material could have impurities and being seen as ore.

So you don't need a big history to explain the origin of this device. 8-)

Salvage Operations in Space Handbook Third Edition
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Ttech wrote: Salvage Operations in Space Handbook Third Edition
I am not familiar with this handbook, however, it inspired me to review articles on Space Salvage hoping to find something relevant that could be good for the game : and again i ran into the question of : does the player have the technology to salvage or repair the wrecks. As well as the appropriate google searches that gave me stuff on space salvage laws ( some of it is very interesting but
Planet Specific :
The Declaration of Legal Principles Governing the Activities of States in the Exploration and Uses of Outer Space (1963)

All space exploration will be done with good intentions and is equally open to all States that comply with international law. No one nation may claim ownership of outer space or any celestial body. Activities carried out in space must abide by the international law and the nations undergoing these said activities must accept responsibility for the governmental or non-governmental agency involved. Objects launched into space are subject to their nation of belonging, including people. Objects, parts, and components discovered outside the jurisdiction of a nation will be returned upon identification. If a nation launches an object into space, they are responsible for any damages that occur internationally.

Still, technology might not be that hard, except that the tractor beams do not compete with simple code in avoiding errors of identifying and destroying wrecks, then convert wreck X to a specific amount of pieces ( whatever the wreck left as loot or it's designed parts of Armor, etc.)

I do see this as more of pushing toward the Origin of the Salavger ship/ processors.....
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The Transcendence universe, and indeed permanent space habitation beyond token diplomatic stuff, is incompatible with the outer space treaty. Do not use it as a guide. A more appropriate guide would be maritime law.
Literally is the new Figuratively
Dedalo
Miner
Miner

Atarlost wrote:The Transcendence universe, and indeed permanent space habitation beyond token diplomatic stuff, is incompatible with the outer space treaty. Do not use it as a guide. A more appropriate guide would be maritime law.
I fully agree.

By the way, why use tractor beams when you can just dock with an shipwreck? :?

Note: If you have an small ship, you don't necessarily have to recycle the entire shipwreck, only the most valuable parts and blow up the rest.

How to recycle an shipwreck for beginners with small ships :
1- Acquiring the equipment required for the job.
2- Find an not too damaged shipwreck.
3- Dock with it.
4- Check if you have enough fuel to complete the process.
5- Check if you have enough cargo space available for all the junk.
6- Remove or loot all existing items on the shipwreck.
7- Cut a piece or segment of the shipwreck and drag it (as if you were looting an item) to your ship cargo hold.
8- Put the shipwreck piece/section on yor ship recycler if you have one installed.
9- Repeat steps 6, 7, 8 while the shipwreck piece/section is processed by the recycler, until there is nothing recyclable left.
10- Blow up the remains.
Dedalo
Miner
Miner

Since I don't know if someone has made an option to dock and blow up, an shipwreck. So I made ​​one by myself :P
<Action name="Blow up" key="B">
(block Nil
(objDestroy gSource gPlayerShip)
)

</Action>
I added it this "Action" to the Abandoned Ship Dockscreen (&dsAbandonedShip;)
And it work's.
I don't know if this brings any problems to the game.
If sameone did this already "Sorry" :P
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I believe someone already made a 'scuttle wrecks' mod, though I don't know if it's up to date.

One thing i'd like to see either in a later version of 1.08 or in 1.09 would be decontamination when you have less than the required number of credits, but incur a debt that you have to pay back in some way- perhaps a set of missions for the Commonwealth, or something. The fact that the Commonwealth lets people die by radiation poisoning just seems... well, cruel and heartless and not something that the supposed good guys should be doing. Forcing them to pay it back through hard but fair labour? That seems more like something they'd do.