What do YOU want in 1.07?

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

PM wrote:* Identification becomes an intrinsic accomplishment instead of items that can be lost forever.
Clarification, I meant identification chips like military ID.

Identification chips are an annoyance. They are a pain to find after I jettison all cargo at a stash, and they have non-zero mass.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I do find it strange that id chips can be jettisoned, it kinda is like having your credit card(s) in the back seat of your car, it might be fine, but if you have a messy back seat, you can throw it out.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Yeah, ID should be changed to data on the playership, not as an item.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

See Star Weavers implantable id chips http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=814
Get your own Galactic Omni Device
Get it now. It's free!!
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I think they're broken as of 1.06a though :(
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Ability to control the number of points explosion "flares" have....rather than just have the 4-point, the 4-point and the 4-point. Also some more semi-random ship setups. The Manticore class and the heavy IAV are notable for having semi-random weapons....and there's still a lot of weapons in the game that don't get used by NPCs. While avoiding the "Gnome with the wand of death" problem is important, bringing some more randomness into the game is always fun.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Weapons Extended V4 :D
Hatsuya Kanzaki
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: leading an armada of Realians driving sword-shaped gunships and WearGears

^ RIPPLE FIRING, TO ACHIEVE SOMETHING LIKE THIS!
Deltax
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I would like to see the luminous get a capital ship or dreadnought for 1.07. Which would have shields with high resistances to every type of damage, but would only be resistant to one damage type at a time and would change to a new damage type(maybe once every 30 seconds?) this would require having weapons with different damages to take it down quickly.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I don't think George will implement that soon, but you're welcome to mod it into the game ;)
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

Deltax wrote:I would like to see the luminous get a capital ship or dreadnought for 1.07. Which would have shields with high resistances to every type of damage, but would only be resistant to one damage type at a time and would change to a new damage type(maybe once every 30 seconds?) this would require having weapons with different damages to take it down quickly.
TSB has this, well, the shield anyways (in a similar form). I haven't finished the model for the capships (only the hunter drone, which has a weaker non-immunity-forming shield)

The shield works like this:

The more it gets hit by one damage type, the more it resists it. If hit by another damage type, it will get a penalty proportional to the amount of immunity built up, and will reset. Various shield versions have different penalty & max resistance factors, as well as different speeds at which they can adapt.
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

shield modulation is what your talking about: but if that is to actually happen the damage types have to have be similar to frequencies: for the Enterprise to resist different damage types in battle the shield modulation adjusts to resist and grows stronger or weaker based on the combination of frequencies used in the hits it gets: like proton and blast at the same time would crash the shield because it can not deal with both.

a rotating shield modulation that locks on a damage for persistent hits was used by Data against the Borg : not exactly Omni but it got the ship close enough to fire at the Borg's shield emitter.....

not that Im a trekky........
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

well someone should make a What do YOU want in 1.08 thread or get a mod to rename this one :)
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Someone should post a new "What do YOU want in 1.08?" thread. I would do it, but I have yet to playtest Transcendence 1.07a.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.