Weapons Extended 4

Post about your finished mods here.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If you must have a multi-ammo weapon it should use virtualization with dockscreen configured ammo prioritization.
yeah, that would be a good solution. Now with onFireWeapon I can probably do the ammo weapons with a single weapon, without the need of virtual ones or switching. I have to try.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I think you'll still need virtual weapons. You can do it without switching now though. I should probably do a proof of concept. I've got most of the parts floating around. The old energy mine doohicky had fuel prioritization and the tesla howitzer has ammo virtualization. I think I can put most of it in globals.

I'm no good with dockscreens though.

I'm pretty sure I can adapt the virtual ammo scheme to use a list of (ammoUNID virtualweaponUNID) lists. Two lists actually. One in itemdata and a second default list in staticdata to be used if the one in itemdata is absent.

If someone can write a dockscreen to be invoked that will look for that list in staticdata and then let the player re-order it to put in itemdata I think I can do the rest. Can you custom sort itempickers?
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

itempickers can not be sorted, no

if you need help with a DS, i could probably fix one up for you
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

so, after long time (and since it's Easter vacation, I have a couple of days free) I'm upgrading Weapons Extended mod.

Weapons extended will be an adventure extension. The advantage if an adventure extension is that it's not influenced by other mods, the bad thing of an adventure extension is that it cannot be played with other mods. Currently weapons extended is such a large mod that I cannot (and I suppose i shouldn't) spend time to try to fix/avoid bugs caused by loading multiple mods.

Since I don't have anymore this restriction, weapons extended will have stations modded to include actions to Tinkers, Dvalin and shop stations to take advantage of all the weapons (and other items)

Currently weapons extended has 970 items (90% are weapons)
New modules I'm planning are:
- barrels and roms expansion
- shields (gently donated by Atarlost)
- Dvalin weapons (again by Atarlost)
- Completely new dockscreens, with weapons groups customization (you don't want to play with my weapons or Northwind weapons ? you will be able to activate/deactivate them)

One good news: I figured out why Ferian warriors are bugged in WE. Simply, the Ferian Plasma Cannon is "notrandom" and itmCreateRandom (the function that is the base of the whole mod) doesn't pick up "notrandom" weapons.

planned work: include SiaFu's graphics into WE.

You are welcome to post any suggestion/idea.
One more thing: weapons extended will be an adventure extension, but I understand that many people like to play with certain mods (scuttle wrecks for example), so which accessory mods do you usually play with ? What mods would you like to see included in WE ?
Curudan
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I'm glad to hear that you are updating WE; some of my zaniest and most enjoyable games were with WE. :P

For utility mods, I usually just have Captains Log, and scuttle wrecks. I used to use SiaFu's stations and item graphics, but they haven't been updated for a while. I don't think they'd mesh well with WE, anyway.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

thanks for your answer Curudan :)

little update
- converted the whole mod to adventure extension, modules makes the mod extremely easy to debug.
- implemented alterecco's weapon randomizer
- randomizer has been polished and I tried to remove all the dependencies from DSF, but it still using a couple of functions from an old version of DSF. Still using my old dockscreens.

At first I thought about making 2 versions: 1.01 and 1.05+ (1.1) versions.
then I thought: I can make a version with SiaFu graphics and one without.
then: I can make a version with additional mods and without.
:shock:

all those combinations are a mess. WE will be a single version "flavor" mod.
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Playerdrones would be an excellent idea to use as a mod in tandem with WE. Large range of ships plus large range of weapons = customizable win. Plus, playerdrones already has scuttle ships as a base component.

...Would like to se some form of the Almighty Wrench involved, as well.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

another little update!
ADDED
- ships module with ship variations a a few surprises
- black market module
- tinkers module (still have to fix it but module is in)
- Dvalin module (still have to finish it)
- fixed some weapons
- converted beam weapons to the new <Beam> (250 weapons!)
- randomizer now independent from DSF

FIXED BUGS:
Ferian warrior used single standard laser sometimes.
Corp. cruiser won't bomb BM in Rigel quest
Fixed error with Huaramarca system.
Ammo boxes holding illegal things should be illegal. Fixed.

BIG THINGS STILL TO DO :
- fix tinkers
- fix dvalin
- make new dockscreens for buy-sell
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

WEAPONS EXTENDED 4 IS HERE !

Besides what you already know (800 weapons and missiles), there are new features in this version:

Compatibility with 1.06+ only. Doesn't work with 1.01.
Dvalin has lots of unique weapons and armors.
New barrels!
New shields!
Rebalanced I and II level weapons. Now the game difficulty (on normal) feels more like vanilla. Easy and Hard modes are still there for beginners and for the brave ! :D
Blackmarket has more illegal weapons.
Secret weapons, sometimes a very rare weapon appears for your fun.
Rebalanced the Quianlong archcannon, Gaian demo cannon, the TM7 and the Kytryn Launcher to be useful, very useful weapons.
New ships colour variations!
New centauri ships! (thanks to Wolfy)
New Commonwealth ships! (thanks to Aeonic)
The old tug EI100 is back in all its splendor! (re-rendered by me)
NAMI and Strelka missiles are coloured!
MORE! (easter eggs? more secrets? a new Hiro's device?)

Download here!
http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=612
Djohaal
Anarchist
Anarchist

Still got debuglog instances in it dude, I updated and it still lags and verboses to debuglog. Unless xelerus didn't update it yet.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Please try again ? I fixed all the dbgLog lines, removing the lag. There are still some dbgOutput here and there, but they don't cause lag.

I have an Update: 4-5 when the game starts in Eridani, which is something like a 0.5 secs delay. In ferian systems or very populated system there is probably a 2-3 secs delay when the player enters the system the first time. That's unavoidable as I'm running code on every ship in the system to randomize weapons, shields and ammo.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I have a bug.

Your dockscreen override breaks all trade in commodities higher than level 4. It should not drop buy prices for any commodities.
Literally is the new Figuratively
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Code: Select all

(switch
                  (not tempPrice)
                    tempPrice
									(leq (subtract (itmGetLevel thisItem) (sysGetLevel)) 2)
										(setq tempPrice (divide tempPrice 1))
									(eq (subtract (itmGetLevel thisItem) (sysGetLevel)) 3)
										(setq tempPrice (divide tempPrice 2))
									(geq (subtract (itmGetLevel thisItem) (sysGetLevel)) 4)
										(setq tempPrice (divide tempPrice 10))
								)
this is the code, simply, higher level commodities must be sold to higher level systems to get the full price. Probably dividing by 10 the price is a bit too much, but this was done to reduce money income by the much larger amount of weapons in the game.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I see the problem now, the price adjustment is acting on all items sold by the station and not only on unknown weapons.

Reuploaded ver 4.01: fixed bug with price of unknown weapons and disruption of trade routes.
http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=612
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

It seems that WE4 is suffering from lots of crashes. I have to investigate that.
Crashes are always related to the some ship attacking another ship. I wonder what happens if a ship without a weapon is ordered to attack (for a very brief moment, a ship can be without weapon, since I'm uninstalling, then reinstalling a new weapon on the fly)

Would suspend the iterated ship be a good idea ?
Should I first install the new weapon, then remove the old one ?

I'm open to suggestions.