[Mod] Playership Drones v5

Post about your finished mods here.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Playership Drones v5 has been uploaded to Xelerus, and Playership Drones v4 has been deleted.

Changes since Playership Drones v4:
* Added (weakened) Centurion to the new game ship select. It is probably slightly overpowered compared to other ships, barring other playership mods. Given that the player can acquire much stronger (or weaker) ships later, this is not a serious problem.

* Ships with twenty facings gain the ability to fire non-omnidirectional weapons at targets within a ten degree arc in front of them. This should reduce those ships' blind spots.

* Shipyard limits have changed. Instead of checking if the player has too many ships, the shipyard checks how many ships it sold. If the shipyard sold a ship to the player, it will not sell another. The shipyard offers a list of ships the player can buy. The player can buy one, and that's it. This makes shipyards work a bit like trading post orders. Trading ships does not affect this limit. The player may still trade to change ships anytime.

* Shipwrights and their equivalents are rarer, and their generation has a maximum limit. Once the limit is reached, no more will spawn. The first few will be easy to obtain. More than that, not so much.

* Ship rebuilding no longer requires an exact list of parts. All the player needs is a shipwright or equivalent in the ship's cargo hold and enough undamaged armor segments usable by the wrecked ship within the wreck. (For example, no quad barricades for small gunships!) If the wreck is radioactive, a barrel of decon gel placed into the wreck will also be required. In addition to the required parts; if an undamaged engine, reactor, shield, and/or weapons are found in the wreckage, they may get installed too. The difference between the various shipbuilder items will be tech level of the items they can install. For example, Centauri mechanics found early in the game cannot install items higher than level 5.

* Before rebuilding a ship, the player may read its stats and a brief description. This should help players (who do not have encyclopedic knowledge of all ships' stats) decide whether the ship is worth rebuilding.

* Data processing by shipyards has been rewritten. This has two effects:
1. Mods that add ships for Playership Drones v4, such as the Lindworm or WillyTheSquid's ship patch DO NOT WORK with v5.
- 1a. For that matter, do not try to use ship parts from Playership Drones v3 or v4 with Playership Drones v5.
2. It is possible to plug-in and add more ships into Playership Drones v5 without overwriting it.

(Are you still reading? STOP! Click the links in my signature and download Playership Drones v5 NOW!)
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Nice job! Congrats on getting it out :D
*RPC dl's
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Cirevam
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Thanks so much for letting us rebuild ships using any parts we want. I also noticed a glitch that might be related to this mod. When flying the Wolfen, my reactor gets completely refueled for free whenever I gate. I'm using a bunch of other mods so I can't say for sure if PSD5 is doing it... though I'm not exactly complaining :P
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Wolfen did not get free fuel when I gated. It must be another mod.
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Uploaded an updated ship patch to Xelerus, which patches the Angelus and all of Xolarix's ships.

ronelm2000
Miner
Miner

There's this wierd bug I'm getting whenever I get a Centuari Shipwright... some msg appears around the status area when I get one from clearing a colony against Centuari Pirates. :/

Is this a compatibility issue between Network, Dynamic Systems v5, and Playership Drones v5?
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I do not think so. The Network and Dynamic Systems mods seem to work with Playership Drones fine for me. I get no bugs when receiving a shipwright from a colony as a reward.

Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yup, I noticed that error once too. Only had it once and never used the cent shipwright either. I think (from memory) it was after docking for the first time with a wreck after getting the shipwright. The message popped up just after undocking... I actually scuttled the ship. The message was the full width of the screen, one line only. Can't recall what it said but was typical of error message stuff I think.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Playership Drones has been updated with a patch that allows linking of weapons from the 400+ New Weapons mod.

ronelm2000
Miner
Miner

....Hm... I just happened to recently get the New Weapons mod. This is quite a nice add. :D
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Quick question to those interested: Would anyone want a patch that would have shields and armor segments change color from green or blue to red as they take damage (and the reverse as they regenerate)?

Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The block of armor or the armor numbers? Some of the custom ships can't use the armor blocks as they have too many segments... right?

But whichever it is, sounds like a good visual cue. Sometimes, in the thick of battle, you can't take the time to remember what the max armor your panels have, thus how fast the enemy is blasting through them. Might help as a rough guide to the percentage of armor max you have in that segment at any one time.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The armor block graphics. Pilots of big ships with too much armor are out of luck (since the hp boxes cannot be changed), but that is not a good reason to deny those who pilot a smaller ship with less armor a more colorful visual cue.

I suppose the standard way of armor/shield getting darker from taking damage seems too subtle.

Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

True, and it's partially hidden by the numbers. Sounds good. Works for me :)
ronelm2000
Miner
Miner

Btw, why does the Sapphire cost ... 10k when in v4 it costed around 1.4k or so...

Part of the balancing feature, I presume? (But now it's much harder to trade XD)