Weapon Labs

Post about your finished mods here.
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Weapon Labs,
Build your own weapon, for the first time in Transcendence history, you can Create a totally new weapon from an in game station! About 35000 Variants available!

Recycle your old weapon to get parts for a new one, or find parts and get the weapon you saw in that station over there,

Balance suggestions are always welcome, as are ideas and other comments.

Thanks to WillyTheSquid for grahpics (pixel editing, adding lighting, recoloring) Transgeek for ideas and some code work, Amariithynar for a bit of testing,
And All the guys on IRC for support!

All non-mission vanilla weapons are recyclable

Updated at 177 dls, Now out of beta :D
fixed power use and some text, added the ability to make custom weapon mount in the launcher slot (Dual Wield Weapons!! :D )
Well, its Finally here! After hours of coding since the release of 1.08b,

Also, A massive Thank You to George who made this all possible by adding the Typcreate function, with out it, this wouldn't exist!

Edit, Here's a Link!

also Yay, 700th post! :D
Last edited by sdw195 on Wed May 09, 2012 10:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Congrats on getting it out!

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

JOIN US ON IRC. IT KICKS ASS. JOIN THE HIVE MIND.
Place cursor on link. Click link. Never look back.
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

just thought if a small bug where you will only be able to make weapons from one station, will fix it tomorrow
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Did ya fix all the text/grammar errors? :P
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Fixed above mentioned bug, download and restart,
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Updated at 83 downloads, updated graphics, made compatible with PM's linked weapons, re-download if you want, not required
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

updated at 105 dls
now are about 35000 weapon variants (34944 to be exact)

Code: Select all

added repeating config, changed the cost of working with lower level weapons, changed and added recipes, fixed some screen text
Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Noticed a couple of bugs with the beta:

One, if you recycle a damaged weapon it recycles... and the weapon remains as well! OK, it costs a few thousand to recycle but still a bit off :)

Other, I tried to make a weapon with a Positron weapon module and it came up with an error. Tried with single barrel and omni, several different damage levels and it all comes with the same error.Image
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

yes! i see someone found the damaged weapon bug! :D its already fixed in my version, out soon
the cost is still being adjusted, and i am looking into that error
Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

*smiles* Yes, I assumed you were still playing around with the costs. I made a particle, lev 3 dam omni and it sold for 10,000. I made a plasma the same and... it sold for 1200! Um... ;) Did 58 dam too

This is very cool mod to play with. Keep up the good work... Um, any chance of launcher mode main weapons? Like 400 weapons mod did? I'm not suggesting you add in all of his weapons to recycle and use! Eek! That would take a while. Just to be able to use 'launcher mounts', 'launcher omni mounts' etc.

And how is ROF calculated in this? So far every weapon I've made has been 3.8 shots per sec. Have I just missed high ROF mounts? Just curious.
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

i will look into launchers soon, but atm i have PD weapons (auto turret) working, and am up to my neck in that type already exists bug, i am sure i already fixed it D:
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Done, Updated on xelerus @ 130 dls

when recycling damaged weapons, you might lose a few parts, when recycling undamaged weapons you might lose 1 part, if you dont like it, tell me, and i can remove it,
imo it makes it a bit more balanced

Code: Select all

added PD weapon, (Still beta, feedback pls)  stations have a limit of sys level + 2 for weapon knowledge 
Edit, also added power use to end config screen, just for Patupi :)
Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hmm, given the price not sure about loosing a part on fully functional weapon recycling, but definitely like the loss on damaged. Makes sense. If the non-Beta version of this station appears later in the game (I got it in the third system out Ross 248) it should be fine. Money isn't quite as much of an issue then.

Thanks for the power display update :)
Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Caught another bug, I think with repeating mount. Tried to make a repeating, particle, lev 7 damage, mining, fixed mount weapon and got this:

Other than that it looks real good so far. Recycling is working fine. Still not sure about loosing parts from non-damaged weapons. Maybe if the cost to recycle varies more with weapon level? Cheaper with low level, higher with high level. I'll think on that.

(EDIT:)
OK, it isn't repeating thats doing it. Did it with single, wall... turreted and fixed. Is there a conflict with modules from the old version? Should I get rid of all the weapon parts I had from the previous version of this mod and start collecting new ones? Just a thought as to what's causing this.
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

opps, yeah, you will need to restart for the fix to work, i must have forgotten to say that :D