Playthrough reflecting daily life?

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hey all, I am having a blast playing with my fave mods, Stalwart here. Just playing relaxedly through Eridani and the first couple of systems, and I noticed... my behavior in the game reflects my mood in daily life.

Lately I've been way more relaxed about life, enjoying it more. Worrying less about money and deadlines and achievements and just going for pleasant experiences. I noticed that in the game, my playthroughs are also less about achieving stuff and more about playing, dancing around, creating stuff and having fun... instead of extracting every bit of ore from every asteroid.

AND THE GAME LETS YOU DO THIS.

A real eye-opener. Mucho inspiration for MiningPack v2, lots of good stuff coming for more FUN.

Thanks to George and all of you for this, this game keeps growing on me and getting better and more fun. Few other games can be played in as many ways as this. Half-life 2 maybe, with all its mods, add-ons & remakes. Heroes of Might & Magic III as well.

<3, WTS.

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

JOIN US ON IRC. IT KICKS ASS. JOIN THE HIVE MIND.
Place cursor on link. Click link. Never look back.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

WTS wrote:Lately I've been way more relaxed about life, enjoying it more. Worrying less about money and deadlines and achievements and just going for pleasant experiences. I noticed that in the game, my playthroughs are also less about achieving stuff and more about playing, dancing around, creating stuff and having fun... instead of extracting every bit of ore from every asteroid.

AND THE GAME LETS YOU DO THIS.
Tell me how! >:D
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Brainwave: Transcendence as an educational tool (aka "serious gaming").

With all the (customizable!) conducts there are, teachers could screen kids' behavior. Antisocial behavior (excessively killing friendlies/Ferians) or ADHD (like me, get distracted and spend 2 nights in a row up late, mining asteroids). Etc. etc. VERY interesting angle of thought to pursue academically. I have to think more on this.

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

JOIN US ON IRC. IT KICKS ASS. JOIN THE HIVE MIND.
Place cursor on link. Click link. Never look back.
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Have any of you played Minecraft? It's very much like this, entirely so before the 1.8 update.
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I view Transcendence as yet another game to powergame and break/win. I have more fun playing Godzilla and wrecking the whole galaxy if I feel like it. When everyone is an enemy or a hostile ally (i.e., technically friendly but does things that harm you), that is easy.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.