Centauri command ship

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Cygnus.X1 wrote:
Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:
Cygnus.X1 wrote: The weapons loadout for the ICS hasn't changed much, if at all...
In 0.7 the ICS only had one weapon, a Kytryn launcher.
Uh, ok... then it hasn't changed much from 0.99x :oops:
Actually it has. The 0.99 style plasma weapons were *really* sucky, in graphical terms. They also weren't all that damaging. The Avalanche and Fracture cannons came in for the 1.0RC versions, and are a dramatic improvement.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
andrewpen
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

What was the mikeno destroyer going to be used for.
when life throws you a curve ball catch it and throw it back.
Xanthe V
Miner
Miner

I also can't find the friggin' C.C.S.(Centauri Command Ship). I expected some to appear flying around Arco Vaughn's container habitat but there's none. Plus I also expected a star system named Centauri, which I'd say it's the home star system of the Centauri Warlords... And there's none. But now, I found a star called Huaramarca and I know it's hidden. Now I think that Centauri will have C.C.S. ships and I know that Centauri could possibly be in the real game and could be a hidden star system just like Huaramarca.
Let's get this show on the road.

By the way, my username on Xelerus is Alfael X. heheheh... ;-)

Stats:

-A pilot of a Stalwart-class gunship

-Fleet Lieutenant of the Commonwealth Fleet

-A new Xelerus user
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Xanthe V wrote:I also can't find the friggin' C.C.S.(Centauri Command Ship). I expected some to appear flying around Arco Vaughn's container habitat but there's none. Plus I also expected a star system named Centauri, which I'd say it's the home star system of the Centauri Warlords... And there's none. But now, I found a star called Huaramarca and I know it's hidden. Now I think that Centauri will have C.C.S. ships and I know that Centauri could possibly be in the real game and could be a hidden star system just like Huaramarca.
- The CCS is not in the game anymore. It was removed several years ago when the Centauri got their current blue ships and stations.

- There is no Centauri star system that can be visited in the game. This can be confirmed by looking at the TranscendenceSource files. The current function of the Centauri is to serve as an introductory enemy in Eridani. Modders may introduce additional Centauri content as official or unofficial mods at some point in the future, but I think they serve their purpose quite well now.

- There is a certain amount of graphical content that has been cut over the years. This includes the old Centauri ships, the Mikeno destroyer (originally was going to be an outlaw ship, ended up in game as the insurance ship, now unused), the original EI100, the original EI500, etc. They will not be reintroduced to the game because George doesn't like the way they look. I think the CCS graphics are still there just because they are part of the same MediumShips2 graphic as a bunch other medium ships and there hasn't been a pressing need to change it (the original EI100 is also on there.)
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I am a fan of the command ship: I love pulling it out to at least fly around in traffic. In one version of an idea I used it as an extra auton/ mule auton. in a battle, it bites Star Dust but it could be a useful item as an auton / cheap freighter.

they are pretty good ships, old but still flying steady. I always thought that George should just re-purpose the ship and being as he never removed it ( that I know of ) from the game itself always gives me hope the ship will fly again, maybe as an Auton or a Centauri Freighter of sorts. like the T33 : a low cost transport, the centauri are badly under-funded, using the Command Ship as a modern Centauri Freighter / transport does not seem too far fetched ( it is not like they got the resources to afford a serious ship anyway, Arco is a bad business man )

HOWEVER: IF graphics are the " issue " : If somebody did graphics to dress it up : George might be convinced to pull the ship out of DryDock and get it back in the game...I always think the Centauri need something like the Frigate looting Wrecks.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..