Succession Permadeath game on Dropbox

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

And elysium. Don't forget elysium.

We're actually pretty good on credits. Our autons mean we can shut off the shield and weapons if we have to save fuel without necessarily getting owned by swarms. Keep them repaired, and they'll last up till Ares space. And don't bring them too close to hostile stations.... but they're worth the cost, I think.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

So, say I end up finding the stargate to Huarmarca (sp?).

Should that count as somebody else's succession, or would I be able to clear out the system?
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Did you befriend the Huari? Finding their gate =/= they are allies. I remember I found the gate far away and got to Huaramarca... where I got pummeled by the the Hurins on the other side of the gate. Surprisingly, the Huari are the only ones shown to orbit gates.
I'm ok if you clear out Huari if we're in a friendly status, just make sure not to get killed by the Dragon ;)
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Can't say how helpful the Qianlong will be at this stage, but we'll see.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Okay, well...

Backtracked all the way back to Sanctuary to make some money. We're sitting at just under 200,000 credits. I got rid of a lot of stuff though, so don't be too mad. Also Volkov ran off with a bunch of our stuff. You can be mad at him.

Didn't ally with the Huari yet, but there is one fortress here.

There's a positron lancer at one of the Adventurer Outfitters for just over 400,000 credits. Halfway there. :3

.sav - http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/ac7 ... c5df8e6613
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Xephyr wrote:Okay, well...

Backtracked all the way back to Sanctuary to make some money. We're sitting at just under 200,000 credits. I got rid of a lot of stuff though, so don't be too mad. Also Volkov ran off with a bunch of our stuff. You can be mad at him.

Didn't ally with the Huari yet, but there is one fortress here.

There's a positron lancer at one of the Adventurer Outfitters for just over 400,000 credits. Halfway there. :3

.sav - http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/ac7 ... c5df8e6613
NEVER fire at Volkov : even to get his attention :
ALWAYS clear a system of E-class freighter wrecks without mercy and keep Volkov close.
( I know you guys know but other people read this too )
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: . . . between the stars and the warm black sky . . .

How is it friday again already? Well, I'll be taking my turn after I get rid of this headache and such, probably end up a couple hours into saturday technically, but.
Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Meh, I'm workin' on it, just goin' kinda slow. Had a dragon keep distracting me with youtube links, too >_>
Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17016218/TxSucc ... -Weaver.7z

SAVE LINK ABOVE

Ok, let's get this going.... oh my, that's more autons than I've ever had. I'm not totally sure how to use them well.

We dont have any missiles x_x. I picked up a few broadswords and a small stack of XMs at the station here, just for throwing at bases.

There appears to be a sung fortress in this system ... I think I'll go see what I can do about that before leaving. Never fought one before.

What the hell is this purple space gunk? Heh, I've only gotten this far once before.

Ooh, the sung fortress was cleared, it just didn't look like it because of the stupid nebula dots. Ah well, I blew up a couple leftover outlaw gun turrets for the hell of it.

Ok, moving on to dominatus ... or something like that.

Ok ... slavers here of course, and at least one fortress ...

The katana makes it hard not to hit slave pods. But at least you can kill the guns at close range fast enough it probably won't matter. Also, my posse can at least kill flybys while I work on the station, before I know they're there.

Mental note: light sung armor isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

Touring the asteroids, since I have all these ore pings, may as well grab the ones that aren't friggin titanium.

Note: Even longbow missiles speed up the death of stations quite a bit ...

Headed back to the prior system because regular stations can't repair autons. Which is fricking stupid. Lost 3 aegis autons from ordering them to dock, after which they aren't commandable / fell off the list? Bought several more M1 and M1/i and a few aegises, including some that got stuck. Killed remaining regular defenders because they were starting to slow down the game. Autopilot is already hosed.

Found a random dead urak outpost down in an outer cluster. Saw a smuggler operation go by, tagged them for later, in case I can find a station that way. Hm, they disappeared at a station.

Then I realized that 'victory systems' was an auton dealer, instead of an arms merchant, and felt stupid.

The sung and the ferians nearly killed each other, all that was left of the sung was the center of a station and a few patrols. The ferian station as about a billion pounds of materials, which I'm slogging over to the depot as writing. Filled rama up for this, too.

Ok, I'm next to the cache of a billion ores, misc loot and random crap. Rama has the illegals, that being fusion triggers and slave pods. I might have forgotten to unload some ore off him too, and I've already zipped the save, so might want to check.

I suggest next time we use Empty Wrecks Explode (I'll see about tweaking it before then), any scuttle mod (for those wrecks that have damaged crap on them, I've got a tweaked version of the original I can check against dockscreen changes if there isn't a good new one), and SOMETHING that can delete the million extra tonnes of plasteel and titanium that are floating around. I think this will both lighten the save files and speed up the game.

Sorry for the length of this, I'm too tired to shorten it. Only 15 hours overdue!

Oh, and we're down to 150,000 monies, mostly because there's nowhere to sell hardly anything here. I'm pretty sure the value of our stuff has gone way up if you can sell it at a good price. I think the factory in the last system wanted plasteel, if you're really bored and want to go find it all. There were a tonne of cargo containers I didn't bother with too. Suggest anti-stupid-acid mod for next time too.
Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

RPC, you wanna get the link to the wiki and anything else useful up in the top post? It was hard to find this time.

Also, if we continue using UGW, there's an alternate version of the mule I believe, or maybe I just tweaked it. Make it flyable and give it one weapon slot. A shield and an omni weapon mean it's not a detriment to auton combat, incase anyone wants to use one for mining at the same time. I don't think it's overpowerd because it tends to join combat late and the omnis are the only really useful weapons for it and there aren't many of those.

And FFS, please make normal stations repair autons some way or other.

I got some nice pics of random combat at least again, I'll post them up when I'm more awake.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

What the hell is this purple space gunk?
Nebula. Messes with the LRS for a bit.
Headed back to the prior system because regular stations can't repair autons. Which is fricking stupid.
Suggest for 1.09 for regular stations to repair autons?
million extra tonnes of plasteel and titanium
That's around 15000 credits if we have Playership drones and can actually sell them to corp stations.

Suggestions for mods made on the wiki page.
Edited first post with your suggestions.
Ok, next up is Watch TV, Do Nothing. The coreward adventure continues!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Star Weaver wrote: And FFS, please make normal stations repair autons some way or other.
********* there is an idea : tinkers should also be able to repair Autons : they ARE tinkers.....
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

What happened? We're going to have to skip TV and maybe Solar Dragon because both forgot their turns. I'll pm you next time if we miss the schedule.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I'll take a turn later today...or try to.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Solar Geo
Miner
Miner

I didn't forget so much as not have a clue if we were actually sticking to schedule or not anymore >.>