Saint Katherine = Solar System ????

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Dalva
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

since the first time i play the game and visited St. Katherine i always thinking that St K. is Solar System. :?

why? because:
- count of the planet is same with real world whjich is 8
- 3rd planet is looks like the most populated and looks like earth.
- asteroid belt is also in the same location as in real world which is after the 4th planet and before 5th planet

and the game also says that St. K is the centre of commonwealth trading (or something i forget)

so what's your opinion? is St. K is Solar System or is it another Star System? :D
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

From http://neurohack.com/transcendence/expl ... eline.html
In 2124, a Commonwealth ship exploring the stargate network reached St. Katharine's Star System and discovered a habitable (but uninhabited) world—the first ever visited by humans. The discovery spurred a new wave of colonization; in a few decades the Commonwealth's center of gravity shifted from Sol to St. Katharine's Star. Other colonies formed around the new world and the New Beyond expanded. Rigel Aurelius was colonized in 2140. And in 2176, the Commonwealth founded the Starton Eridani colony.
omniaddict
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

(name here)
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

See also that the star is a blue giant.
Psycholis
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

i was just thinking about this.. - maybe it's not relevant because they live in a station, but a blue giant would emit MASSIVE amounts of radiation in the UV region, pretty much baking anything planetside. Also, even the lesser ones are a good 5000 X as luminous as the sun. Unless that planet is in the jupiter region, it would pretty much be totally uninhabitable. Even a planet in the habitable zone would have a light spectra that would totally blind a normal person.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

maybe it's a spectral type B7, similar to Regulus A, a blue dwarf star.
Psycholis
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

in that case, i'd like to live in st. K because those stars are exceedingly rare.